Services for Communities
Facebook and Twitter are brilliant for sharing lost and found stories but when it comes to effectively connect owners and finders it needs more tailored functionality. We have designed White Boomerang specifically for Lost & Found, providing cutting-edge web technology for happy ends:
- Each post is geo-location tagged which allows an owner or finder to efficiently check for related posts in the area he lost or found something. We even show and sort it by distances.
- We understand that owners cannot check constantly our website and finders may not spend the time to search through all posts. That is why we actively bring them together and notify all owners in case a new find came in and it is from the same location and category.
- We provide a safe, anonymous chat via our platform. This is important to protect users from spamming and fraud. Users can provide personal details only if they are sure that they deal with an honest person.
- Let your community take part within a growing network of volunteers looking out for lost pets or items. Users can subscribe to “Lost Alerts” to receive new posts from their area.
Let you and your followers benefit from our social media integration and search engine optimization. We minimize work while maximising exposure of any new lost or found post by making it instantly available in multiple channels:
- Posting it automatically on your Facebook wall.
- Tweeting it automatically on your Twitter account.
- Findable through search engines with the unique URL and description.
- Showing on our main pages whiteboomerang.com or whiteboomerang.com/pets, too.
Each post gets a unique URL leading new visitors directly to your community page and showing the post as “Featured Message”.
We know that a successful community takes a lot of effort and a long time to build up. That is why our community pages are customized to reflect your brand, focus and social media accounts:
- Your logo and name
- Your preferred URL (https:/whiteboomerang.com/communityname/)
- Your category list fitting your focus, e.g. camera brands or dog breeds
- Links to your social media accounts
And of course, you have your own message board and search, showing only messages that have been written on your community page.
Why is this all for free without any strings attached? When you have a free Lost & Found community we think you cannot have enough partners supporting you. If you are interested in more details or getting a test page, please don’t hesitate to contact us: email@example.com